Last updated: February 8, 2019
Welcome to SelfieYo® (“SelfieYo,” “we,” “us,” “our,” or “the Service”). SelfieYo provides a fast, fun way to create and share photos, videos and chat with people around you and your friends.
We help you share your content with people around you and friends you invite so people can chat about stuff and videos & photos you share on SelfieYo. We help you form connections with people nearby.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users”).
1. THE BASIC INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW
A.) SelfieYo is about sharing photos, videos and chats in two types of scenarios: PUBLIC with people located nearby and/or PRIVATE with people you have in your mobile phone address book or people you interact with on SelfieYo.
B.) The distinction between PUBLIC and PRIVATE sharing is very easy to see on the app page that enables you to actually share your content — the buttons are clearly labeled to tell you how you will be sharing.
C.) When you share photos, videos or have chats in public on SelfieYo, anyone using the service that is located nearby can see your content. It is also possible that administrators of SelfieYo can see your content if it shared PUBLIC. That is the basic concept of PUBLIC sharing. It’s public until you delete it, which we will explain below.
D.) When you share photos, videos or have chats in private on SelfieYo, only the people involved in the private chatroom can see your content. Administrators of SelfieYo cannot see content you share in PRIVATE. Your private content remains on the Service until you delete it.
E.) We make it easy for you to delete your content through the app at anytime. If you go to the “My Stuff” page on the SelfieYo app you will see two main tabs: “My Public” and “My Private” — this is where you can see photos or videos you have shared on the Service. At any time, you can press your finger on an individual video or photo you have shared and your content will disappear. When your content disappears from the app, it is also deleted from our servers. It cannot be reinstated unless you chose to repost the content again. If you were the person that created the initial chat room, public or private, and you delete the photo or video that started that chat room, you will be deleting the entire contents of the chat room. That is your privilege as the chat room owner.
F.) In addition to making it easy to delete your content via the “My Stuff” page on the app, you can also delete chat messages or videos/photos you have added to a chatroom by pressing your finger on the piece of content for approximately 1 second; this will display an option with a “Delete” button. Tapping the “Delete” button will remove your selected piece of content from the app and the SelfieYo servers.
G.) We want to be clear that we do not sell or rent your data to third-parties or advertising customers.
H.) We do use third-party technology tools and services to help provide better features and functions, and we do use third-party technology tools and services to help us understand the usage of the Service itself; this is necessary to operating the Service.
I.) Our business model is based on user supported upgrade features and opt-in marketing programs. This is very different from traditional passive advertising based social networks. We aim to build a widely-used social platform where our users can decided how and when they wish to engage with specific paid features and marketing programs. This is inherently and entirely opt-in.
J.) We do have the ability to send push notifications to users based on a number of factors including: location, time, device type and usage activity. We use this notification ability to promote opt-in marketing campaigns and share information about the Service to you, the users of SelfieYo. By using the Service you acknowledge and consent to receiving notifications related to our marketing programs that support the platform.
K.) When you receive a notification about a marketing program, it is nothing more than a notification about said program — and gives you an opportunity to participate, if you choose to do so. We do not include you in any marketing programs unless you take an active step to opt-in by sharing public content related to the program.
L.) In addition to the methods described above for deleting your own data, you have the right to withdraw your consent to use the Service by contacting our Data Protection Officer and requesting total deletion of all your content and account information on SelfieYo. To do that, please send an email to DPO@SelfieYo.com and include your SelfieYo username and the telephone number you used to register your account. We will need to verify that you are the proper owner of the account and then we will process the request to completely delete your account and associated data.
Have fun and be nice to each other on SelfieYo!
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password, gender and phone number when you register for a SelfieYo account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user account (e.g., first and last name, profile picture, location).
- User Content (e.g., photos, videos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and SelfieYo. For example, we may send you Service-related notifications (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related notifications.
Sending invitations to friends on SelfieYo or posting public:
- By using SelfieYo, you can link your mobile device contacts with SelfieYo to allow you to send invitations for others to vote on, view and chat about your photos and videos.
- If you choose to create and send content through SelfieYo’s private send feature, we access your contacts so we know who to send your invitations to.
- If you choose to send invitations, we access your device contact list and we determine whether or not they are already using SelfieYo.
- You may select one, many, or all of your contacts to interact with on SelfieYo.
- Who you decide to invite to view and vote on your private photos is entirely up to you.
- The public feature of SelfieYo allows you to post publicly and be viewed by people without receiving a specific invitation.
- Posting public photos does not require sending invitations or accessing your contacts.
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) the app. It can also be provided when the content of the app is downloaded to your device.
- When you use our Service, our servers may automatically record certain log file information, including your request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device, number of clicks and how you interact with the Service, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by SelfieYo.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo or video), automatically applied geotags (e.g., to mark your location to a photo or video), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more interactive. Your public SelfieYo photos are geotagged with your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and may be searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature in the Service) if your photo or video is made public by you.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign-in
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service
- Provide personalized content and information to you
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- Develop and test new products and features
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Automatically update the SelfieYo application on your device
- Run contests, special offers or other events or activities on the Service
4. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside SelfieYo without your consent, except as noted in this Policy. Our business model does not involve selling your data.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to other users based on how you use the Service.
- Once you have shared User Content publicly or have invited people to see it, we allow you to delete your own User Content from your device and also from the servers and devices of the people you have shared with. Deleting from the devices of people you have shared content with requires those people to have a connection to our Service.
- We cannot control what your friends and people you have invited may do with your User Content after you have sent or posted it and before it has been deleted by you and/or fully removed from every recipients’ devices.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, we remove the information, but copies may remain viewable in cached pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information somehow outside of our Service.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
5. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which SelfieYo, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- SelfieYo, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to SelfieYo or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to communication between you and SelfieYo, at all times.
6. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your settings.
- Delete photos, videos and conversations you have initiated with others.
- Deleting photos, videos and conversations you have initiated will remove them from our servers.
- Learn more about reviewing or modifying your account information.
How long we keep your User Content:
Following termination or deactivation of your account, SelfieYo removes your content from our servers. Once the account deletion is complete, account data cannot be recovered.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
SelfieYo does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
8. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
We are available via email on our contact page.