We’ve been hard at work as the world wrestles with Coronavirus — and among other things in the pipeline, we are super excited to announce the new SGT crypto ecosystem inside the next version of both SelfieYo iPhone and SelfieYo Android.
The gist of it is: you can require payment in the form of SGT in exchange for chatting with random people nearby. Think of it as a sort of reverse business model from the existing cast of dating and chat apps.
You get paid when random people want to send you messages.
We understand that a lot of users on social media chat apps, especially the location-centric ones, are totally flooded and overwhelmed with messages coming from randoms. So, an in effort to make the interaction more quality focused on real people with genuine interest in you, we have created SGT payments so that you can require others to pay you in crypto if they want to talk to you.
Here are some highlights of how it works:
- By default anyone nearby on the SelfieYo location graph can send you a DM. Keep in mind, even the default settings are pretty good at ensuring only real people that are actually nearby are able to even see you on the local graph.
- You can set your price to whatever amount of SGT you want. The higher your price, the harder it is for randoms to message you because they’ll need to spend more to reach you. You can change your price requirement anytime you want.
- Once someone pays your SGT fee and they message you — the message is delivered to your private message thread. It’s up to you if you want to respond or not. We, obviously, do not control, see or have any input into that.
- 100% of the SGT payment goes to you. SelfieYo collects the fees paid by the purchasers of SGT; that’s what keeps the lights on and helps us make sure developers are fed.
OK, so you’re probably wondering, what can SGT do for me? Good question. Here are some highlights on that part:
- SGT is what’s called an ERC-20 crypto token on the Ethereum network.
- When you earn SGT through SelfieYo, you have the ability to export it from SelfieYo into your own Ethereum wallet.
- In order to export your SGT balance, you must have a minimum of 100 SGT coins. After that, you can export as much as you want, as long as the minimum export is always at least 100 SGT.
- Once you export your tokens to your Ethereum wallet, you are in full control of what you decide to do. We are actively building out additional components for SGT to work within the blockchain ecosystem.
It’s time for social media companies to share the value created by users. We think this is a way that improves the social experience for everyone and gives the community an interest in helping to build quality, local, social content.
For media inquires: Media@SelfieYo.com