Welcome to SelfieYo® (“SelfieYo,” “we,” “us” or “our”). SelfieYo provides a fast, fun way to create and share media with your friends. We help you share your photos with people around you and people you invite so your friends can vote on and chat about photos you send.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users”).
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password, gender and phone number when you register for a SelfieYo account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user account (e.g., first and last name, picture, location).
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and SelfieYo. For example, we may send you Service-related notifications (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related notifications.
Sending invitations to friends on SelfieYo or posting public:
- By using SelfieYo, you can link your device contacts with SelfieYo to allow you to send invitations for others to vote on, view and chat about your photos.
- If you choose to create and send photos through SelfieYo’s private send feature, we access your contacts so we know who to send your invitations to.
- If you choose to send invitations, we access your device contact list and we determine whether or not they are already using SelfieYo.
- You may select one, many, or all of your contacts to interact with on SelfieYo.
- Who you decide to invite to view and vote on your private photos is entirely up to you.
- The public feature of SelfieYo allows you to post publically and be viewed by people without receiving a specific invitation.
- Posting public photos does not require sending invitations or accessing your contacts.
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) the app. It can also be provided when the content of the app is downloaded to your device.
- When you use our Service, our servers may automatically record certain log file information, including your request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device, number of clicks and how you interact with the Service, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by SelfieYo.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more interactive. Your public SelfieYo photos are geotaged with your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and may be searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature in the Service) if your photo is made public by you.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- Develop and test new products and features
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Automatically update the SelfieYo application on your device
- Run contests, special offers or other events or activities on the Service
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside SelfieYo without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are affiliates of SelfieYo (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to other users based on how you use the Service.
- Once you have shared User Content publically or invited people to see it, we allow you to delete your own User Content from your device and also from the servers and devices of the people you have shared with. Deleting from the devices of people you have shared content with requires those people to have a connection to our Service.
- We cannot control what your friends and people you have invited may do with your User Content after you have sent or posted it and before it has been deleted by you and/or fully removed from every recipients’ devices.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, we remove the information, but copies may remain viewable in cached pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information somehow outside of our Service.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which SelfieYo, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- SelfieYo, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to SelfieYo or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to communication between you and SelfieYo, at all times.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your settings.
- Delete photos and conversations you have initiated with others.
- Deleting photos and conversations you have initiated will remove them from our servers.
- When other users you have invited reconnect to the Service, we will attempt to remove your content from their devices.
- Learn more about reviewing or modifying your account information.
How long we keep your User Content:
Following termination or deactivation of your account, SelfieYo, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
SelfieYo does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
7. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
8. HOW TO CONTACT US
We are available via email on our contact page.
Last updated on March 30, 2015